Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 25, 2008

11 weeks!!!!!!

We are officially 11 weeks today. It's so exciting. I am keeping up with the babies development by reading and here is what is says

Your baby has continued to grow over the past week! Now almost 2 inches long, your little one has been engaged in some heavy acrobatics, kicking and stretching inside your womb. Remember, though she is getting bigger, it will be some weeks before you feel her moving around.

Her skin, though still paper thin and transparent, is forming a protective barrier around her body. Her tiny fingers and toes have begun to separate into unique digits, and she's also begun to open and close her fists. The first signs of where her teeth will form appear this week, as tiny tooth buds begin to pop up under her gums. She may even have her first case of the hiccups as her diaphragm begins to develop.


That is so great. I can't wait for Buffy to start sporting a baby bump. I can't wait to feel the baby kick. Both Mike and Bella kicked so much Luke and I would just spend time watching my stomach move.

I also wonder things like both my kids were born larger than Buffy's kids so will this baby be bigger or smaller? does it depend on the baby or who's carrying it? Also will Buffy carry the baby differently as I carried both my kids really long? Like does the baby affect those things or is it just a persons body? Will Buffy get bad heartburn like I did because my kids are born with a ton of hair? This is why surrogacy is amazing!

We have our next appt. next week. Hopefully we will get a date for determining the gender. Everyone seems to have an opinion of what the baby will be! Do I? secretly yes, I *think* I know, but I am not sharing. Do I have a preference? yes, I want a healthy, happy baby! As far as gender, not sure. There are so many plus to both. I had my gender u/s with Mike at 20 weeks and he wouldn't show us, at 18w6d with Bella and knew right away it was a girl. I do like being a mom to both genders. It's amazing to see how different they are!

I am getting antsy on the gender because there is so much to do after we find out. Make room in one of the kids room for the baby. Buy the remaining gear, clothes we need. i can't wait.

No comments: