Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A year ago

While I was typing out this years Holiday letter, I realized, last year about this time, Luke and I were arguing about our Holiday Letter. I wanted to write in it we were searching for a surrogate. Luke thought that should be a seperate letter. I had gotten the idea from my Hysterectomy Support group. Most of the women there felt you should really get the word out about it. I saw Luke's point, it was a very personal part of our life. We were going to make ourselves very vulnerable. However I guess I feel it was more vulnerable for me. Although we are listed as a "Infertile Couple", it's not Luke. Based on his last testing for our IVF cycle, he could repopulate the Earth if necessary, but I wouldn't be able to carry any of those babies :( In the end we put something in, but it was small and tasteful. My reason for doing so was that I had hoped, someone/somewhere out there would want to or know someone who would want to be our surrogate. I also wanted to have it said out loud. I prayed to God to help us find someone and part of me hoped this would show I was ready to make this happen. Which it worked, but not the way I planned LOL. About six weeks after we sent the letter, nothing. No one had mentioned anything. I was upset, Luke didn't mention it although he could have done the old "I told you so". He was within his rights! So I talked about it at my support group and one of the women said post an ad, on the surrogacy website. I thought I couldn't, how would I ever meet the perfect person? But I did. I had to write 100 characters or less (which is nothing when pouring your heart out) and found Buffy. So in a way, last years Holiday letter, led us to Buffy!

Speaking of which - we had an appointment yesterday. Buffy looked amazingly beautiful. She is glowing. She has a beautiful round belly which is just the cutest and she a very stylish pregnant lady. She is one of those that other women hate because she looks so good. Her blood pressure was good. The baby's heart rate was still 150! (had been the whole pregnancy) THe best part? Bella and I felt Baby Ava kick!!!!!!!!!!!!! (although I think it was a quit pressing on the belly kick!) but still. It was so surreal. My little girl is in there kicking away. Ava weighs about 1lb now which is good and the doctor is happy with our progress. Within the next two month I am going to try to get our pre-birth order in place so when we tour the hospital in January, i have it ready. It was a very exciting day. i have pictures but have to upload them. Oh and another cute part was Bella kissed Ava. (well really kissed Buffy's belly, so cute)

No comments: