Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Genetics?

Lately I have been wondering what Baby Ava will look like! Remember she is genetically 100% ours so she will look like us. But what color will her hair be? her eyes? will she be a big or small baby?

here are our states

Luke's side - Mom & Dad both have brown eyes and dark brown hair. They had 3 kids with brown eyes and dark brown hair (although when younger Luke had light brown hair and his eyes are more hazel)

My side - Mom - blonde hair when younger and green eyes, Father - dark brown hair/brown eyes. Now here is the fun part: my older sister has blonde hair/blue eyes and very fair. My little sister has nearly black hair/blue-grey eyes and very tan skin. Me- naturally LOL I have light brown hair and brown eyes, medium skin tone. (we are all so different!)

When born both Mike and Bella had BLACK hair and blue eyes. Mike's hair turned dark blonde and he has my eyes. Bella has light brown hair (same color as mine when younger, but Luke's eyes, more hazel than brown) So what will Ava look like? will I have a child with green or blue eyes? there is a 25% chance! will she have blonde hair? auburn like I did when born? Will she be like Mike and always 95% of the weight chart or like Bella 5% of the weight chart LOL. I want to know. I mean my mom had the surprise of my older sister so blonde and fair and then got me, so dark with red/auburn hair!!! Maybe Ava will get some of Luke's wavy hair! ( a girl can hope)

I am already envisioning matching my girls and stuff like that. I wonder if they will look alike??? Will I have two mini-me's?

I do love the fun stuff like this. The lighthearted, fun enjoyable part of pregnancy.

No comments: