Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lactation

Today while showering I noticed a huge increase in the breast department. (i have to refrain from using the word "boob" because my moms reads this blog and told me it's not lady like to say. so Mom I will do my best :)

I have been on my medication for over 1 month. The protocol said you should notice a huge increase with in two weeks which I notice a little increase, mostly fullness but not cup size. Now I am up a full cup size. The best part is my breast feel the way they did when I was pregnant (which makes it a little weird to not be pregnant but have "pregnant breasts" I am thrilled with this though. Nursing is so important to me and I know it will make me feel closer to Ava. I has such great experiences nursing my other two kids so I am hoping that this will be the same.

I start pumping the last week of January. That is exciting too. According to the protocol, I need to use a hospital grade Medela Symphony. It's good because we rent those at work. I also need to pump every 2-3 hours which will be rough. Even at night. I was never a good pumper. It was just to long and boring for me. Plus I never really had to pump for a long period except after my hysterectomy. But it will be so worth it. You have to pump for 20-30min each time, so the night time will be the hardest. It will get me ready for being up with Ava though.

Our Baby Celebration is a week away and I can't wait. It's so exciting to even be doing this and having our friends/family come and enjoy all of this with us. I am thrilled everyone can meet Buffy. I know for just about everyone, this will be their first surrogacy Baby Celebration. Plus it will look like the room is hosed down with pink!!! I love pink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're doing awesome! The fact that you breastfed 2 children already give you a huge advantage. Keep it up, you know it is so worth it! :)