Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 7, 2008

21 weeks

So we are moving right along! I can't believe it. 1/2 done and heading toward the finish. Each day brings me closer to my dream, i have held on to this dream for over 3 years now and can't wait until Baby Ava is actually here. I can't believe I will really be a mom of 3! yikes we will be outnumbered LOL. It's so exciting though. Both Mike and Bella are ready for her to come home and meet her. I had conferances with Mike's teacher and we talked at length about surrogagacy. She was amazed how easily Mike understands and can explain it (in kid terms) She said she is very excited for us too. Everyone loves her name (which we are biased but we do too) and compliments on how well it goes with our other two kids. Everyone kinda tears up when they hear the middle name and how special it is. Bella is funny because when you ask her what the baby's name is, she screams Ava Mar - GAR - et. and makes the middle name really syllabled!

I think part of it that's making time go by faster now is I will see Buffy next week, then 2 weeks after that, then 2 weeks after that. At that appt. we will be 27 weeks. I am not sure if they will start to go to every two weeks then or not??? It's coming so fast now.

Here is what is says for 21 weeks

Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. He now measures 7 inches long and can weigh up to 10 ounces. In the coming weeks your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate.

The hair on his scalp is more visible, and by week 21 he has probably developed eyelashes and eyebrows!

He is waking and sleeping in regular intervals, which you might be able to tell from his movements. He is also swallowing amniotic fluid to help his digestive system mature for life in the "outside world". His intestines also start slowly relaxing and contracting this week.

Notice any small, repetitive movements in your abdomen? Those might be his first case of the hiccups! Usually, these movements occur for a few minutes at a time. As your baby grows larger, these movements will feel stronger. And remember, all babies are different, some hiccup multiple times a day, and others, only once in awhile.

Awwwwwwwww hiccups were my favorite, I don't think Ava has had any yet, but we will see soon. Maybe next week when I am there!

No comments: