Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 2, 2008

16w2d ob/gyn appt.

We had a ob/gyn appt. yesterday. I love these. I have said it before, but I mean it. It is so great to have someone share this pregnancy with you who feels the exact same why you do. I mean husbands are great, but women truly get it. The amazement of pregnancy.

Buffy has a very small belly and the best part is our baby is in there kicking away. She looks amazing. Blood pressure was good. Baby's heart rate was 150 exactly again! We did some blood test that screens the baby for things. We figured out we would be touring the hospital in January and meeting with them to "explain" our situation. They deal with this alot, so they are very good with it. All in all a great appt.

Buffy and I headed to lunch and it was so fun to talk. We just get along really well.

On the inducing lactation side, I feel like I am the first one to ever do it. Some many people who should know about it don't. My ob/gyn said he would call in my prescriptions. The protocol for this is birth control pills (without taking the placebo week) and domperidone 80mg a day. You do this until 6 weeks before the baby and then stop the birth control and start pumping. You also add herbs.

Well the bc, you can get anywhere, however domeridone didn't seem to be avaliable in the USA. You can have it here, but everyone has ordered it from canada. I was a little leary about ordering from a unknown canadian website. Most of them you don't even need a prescription. So I called the La leche league and lets just say that didn't go over well. They are happy I want to breastfeed, but really had no information for me about this. After 45 minutes of seaching, I found several pharmacies in USA that carry this. So I will be ordering from them. I found one in Maryland, so a little far away, but they can ship it. I can't wait to start. My "cup" size should increase in two weeks! we will see.

I have pics from our appt. and will post them once Luke uploads them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the BIG date coming up in a couple of weeks!! -Buffy

Deana said...

haha, how could I forget. I am counting the minutes!!!!!!!! I just want to know is it Vincent or Baby girl no name????????