Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's a ....................................

GIRL!!!!

We are thrilled. We got to the appointment, and met with Buffy. She looks wonderful. Very tan with the cutest baby bump. We went into the u/s room and it was very nice because the u/s machine was hooked up to a large tv. So our doctor asked if we wanted to know and of course we did.

As soon as the baby's picture was on the screen, i started crying. We could see baby toes! (and have a picture of it) and then baby feet. We saw the heart with 4 chambers, the umbilical cord and the spine. We have some great profile head shots. He kept away from the "money" shot. Finally, (and yes at this point was was still crying) he was showing us something, and I didn't know what it was. he then said the greatest words.....................It's a GIRL! the pictures was her thighs and girl parts! Then he showed from the other side and said yes, definately a GIRL! I was really bawling. Plus the room was kind of small and it echoed! Buffy was crying too. Bella was thrilled. I am so happy the baby is healthy and thrilled she is a she! I will post the pictures tomorrow after Luke uploads them.

We told our parents and siblings and everyone is so happy. The baby does have a name: Ava Margaret (we are using Buffy's real first name as the baby's middle name, because she is so wonderful and we love her so much!)

Today was one of the greatest days of my life.

7 comments:

MNjen said...

I'm SO happy for you! Congrats on your little girl! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the name! And I'm HONORED that you want to make me such a special part of your daughter with her middle name! Is Ava official enough that I can tell "Ava" that her Mommy, Daddy, brother Mike and sister Bell LOVER HER TO PIECES?? Btw- I'm waiting for a recording to play HER on headsets of your voices! -Buffy

Angela said...

Congratulations Deana!!! :-)

Sarah Andrews said...

Yay! What a great post Deana! Send some of that pink dust our way!! I am so thrilled for you and your family and cannot wait to see those pics!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!! :) I can only imagine how thrilled Bella must be! Thanks for sharing your great news!

I love the name - it's just beautiful and such a wonderful tribute to Buffy :)

How much pink have you already bought? :)

I'm so glad everything is going so well for you guys!! March is going to be here before you know it!!

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

I'm the one you met at Buffy's home...I've known the family for almost a year and have been enjoying this story from Buffy's viewpoint most every day since before she found you! I offered to start a baby blog for her, but she said you had a very good site. Buffy is a very special angel to all of us - but it's been especially meaningful for you! Today was the first time I've seen your site - you write so well! It's great following your story. Feel free to visit my personal blog and leave a comment.

~Linda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I just read your whole blog and what an inspiring story! I think this Buffy of yours is pretty darn awesome! I'm so happy you found each other. Happiness and health to all of you!