So I am a little behind. whoops. that is what happens when your baby is relaxing in Jamaica.
Things are good. i am still basking in getting the news the baby is healthy. I am very excited.
We are on a count down to the ultrasound. I can't wait. I just need to know. We are headed out to dinner with Luke's parents that night to give them the news in person. We have never really surprised them with the news. With Mike, we were all surprised! LOL, and with Bella, we brought pink balloons over to their house. This time we will have to find something creative to do. My mom, I will be texting before we leave the room. She says boy, Luke's mom says girl, Luke's dad says boy! We will see.
Here is what the website says for 17 weeks
Your baby is now the size of a turnip! She is 5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces now. That's even more than the placenta weighs!
Though no new structures have formed this week, she has developed fat deposits under her skin that will account for about 2-6% of her total body weight at her time of birth, just 23 weeks from now!
Her skeleton, which up until this point has been made up of flexible cartilage, is now hardening into bone. Another exciting event…her sense of hearing begins to develop this week!
so cute.
This week while driving to work, I was thinking how fast this pregnancy is moving. I can't believe we are almost 1/2 way there. I was thinking about the delivery and how it will be to see my baby be born. There are no words. I am sure it's going to be more wonderful than I even imagine. Of course I started crying and then had to explain at work, why all the tears. Luckily they were understanding. I can't wait to hold this little baby in my arms. Only 21 weeks left!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I cant believe its time for the big U/S already! I cant wait to hear what you've got in there! :)
Post a Comment