Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

16 weeks!!!!!!

So every week that passes is just amazing. I think because I am not actually pregnant it's going much faster! (ever notice how other's pregnancies seem to go really fast?)

16 weeks is great and the best part??? THE BABY IS KICKING!!!!!!!!!!!! whoo-hoo. That is one of the best texts I have received besides the whole we're pregnant one! The baby is becoming a little person and Buffy can feel it. I can't wait to feel it.

Here is what is says about 16 weeks:

Your baby continues to be busy growing and developing inside of you. He's now the size of an avocado, measuring 4 1/2 inches and weighing approximately 3 ounces. His heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood every day and his bladder is emptying every 45 minutes.

His limbs are even more developed and their movements have become increasing coordinated. He doesn't yet have any hair, but the patterning of his scalp has begun.

What's in the future for your little one? A growth spurt is just around the corner! In the coming weeks he will double his weight and add inches to his frame.


We have our appt. tomorrow. I can never sleep the night before because I am so excited. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat and everything. And then the big u/s is coming.

I am waiting for a call from my ob/gyn, to get the show on the road for breastfeeding. I want to feel like I am doing something too!

1 comment:

Sarah Andrews said...

Great to hear that the wee babe is kicking! A great milestone. Wishing you loads of luck with your induction protocol!