Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 14, 2008

The positives............

When you think of a hysterectomy, you think of all the negatives, first being losing your fertility, major surgery, early menopause, etc.

However, there is a silver lining. I like to find the positives and as my 3 year anniversary (which I consider as my alive anniversary, since I beat death) i thought I would list all the good things about my hysterectomy and surrogacy.

Hysterectomy --
The best thing is NO period. Well I have a "spot" day which is just a panty liner. I have had really horrible, heavy periods since my teen years. So this is just so nice. I can wear white pants daily if I want too! Swimming is fun any day. And there is really no pms. I get the occasional chocolate craving (yum), but really no cramps, bloating, all that.
The next is no birth control worries (LOL). i don't have to remember to take a pill or buy anything at the drugstore. We are never interupted to remember the birth control.

Pregnancy --
so while I enjoyed pregnancy and am a little sad i can't carry this baby, there are pluses i hadn't realized before.
1. I can have a drink at any time! this past weekend we celebrated the pregnancy and I cheers-ed with my Fuzzy Navel! LOL
2. no heartburn, with both kids I had heartburn daily and should have bought stock in Tums.
3. no morning sickness/nausea. I only puked a couple times with each pregnancy but the nausea was not good.

So I know there is more and I will list them as our pregnancy goes on.

Today when I was out shopping i actually let myself browse the baby dept. I usually not really look there, but there are so many new things since I had Bella. I looked at all the little clothes and shoes. (i love shoes!) I still can't believe I am here.

No comments: