Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Second Trimester

So we have been in the second trimester for a little bit and I feel this is the
s-l-o-w-e-s-t trimester. The first trimester you get a little break because you don't find out you are pregnant until you are already 4 weeks along! and the third trimester goes faster because you are nearing the end, but this second trimester, long!

We are 14 weeks tomorrow and each week, I am amazed at where we are. I think the 5 week intervals are biggies, kwim? Like 15 weeks seems SO pregnant, there is no mistaking it! 20 weeks is the big gender u/s. 25 weeks is the "safe"-ish zone, 30 you are in the home stretch, 35 almost there and 40 Ta Da you are done! We have 25 weeks left which is very exciting.

Now the fun stuff is coming, the first movement. I am patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for Buffy to tell me she felt the baby! Although it's pretty bittersweet. On one hand, I am so excited for her to feel it. On another, it saddens me, that I will never feel this baby kick in my womb, like I did it's siblings :( , but on a third hand I realize there are women who will NEVER feel a baby kick so I know I am very blessed to have at least done it twice. I also can't wait for the first baby hiccups!!!! I would love to record these. I think they are the cutest thing. my kids did it alot. I am also going to start recording my voice so Buffy can play it for the baby! I think I will start by reading Good Night Moon, a favorite book of my kids.

I am slowly accumulating baby stuff! LOL. You truly forget how much "stuff" a baby needs. Plus the stuff gets better every year! Bella is only 3, but there is so much better stuff now. Since Luke made me sell our stuff last year, I am slowly replacing. My girlfriend dropped off a high chair yesterday and I got all tear-y eyed thinking about our little "Lucky Charm" (our nickname for the baby) sitting in it. I also hit a couple garage sales and found some gender neutral clothing. I love those gown sleepers. Luke hated them, but they are so great. I can't wait to find out if the baby is a boy or girl so I can do some serious clothes shopping.

I also ordered my "Expecting a Miracle" t-shirt. A girl and her husband in my Intended Parents support group created them and I love it. What better way to say we are expecting!

No comments: