Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

12 weeks 2 days

We had an OB appointment today and I brought Bella with me. She has been a little confused about a baby in Buffy's belly so I thought I would bring her so she could meet Buffy and know there is indeed a baby in the belly! LOL

Luckily she slept most of the way to the doctor's office. We got there and Buffy looked great. She is glowing. She is slightly showing. It's very cute. We check in and wait for a while. Then we get called back. No u/s today which is a mild bummer because I love to see the baby. They did Buffy's blood pressure which the nurse said was good. Then she got the doppler and went to find the heartbeat. She couldn't find it and can I tell you my own heart stopped. I was silently praying let her find it. It seemed like forever but probably really only a minute or two and she found it. It's so cute, just beating away. The heart rate is 150! which is excellent. There is a myth that anything over 140 is a GIRL and anything under is a BOY, so we will see. Since we didn't have any questions, that was pretty much it. We got our picture and Bella got to "touch" our baby on Buffy's belly.

It's pretty funny, Bella tells everyone it's "ours" baby. After we left, we got lunch at McDonald's and Bella told the cashier that "Our" Buffy was having "ours" baby. Our Buffy, I love it.

Our next appt. is Oct 1, which seems far, but probably won't be. Then the Ob said we could have the gender u/s the week of my birthday!!!!!!! What a great 30 birthday present!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG SO glad we took that last pic of Bella touching my belly- it turned out SO CUTE!!!! She's adorable! -Buffy

MNjen said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you two found each other! :)

Misty said...

Cute Bella and cute pictures of you and buffy too. It's nice to see a face to your name-