Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

26 weeks 2 day appointment.

Things are great. Today we had our 26 week 2 day appointment. Buffy looks as cute as ever. Her belly is so small and round. It's so cute.

She had her gestational diabetes test today so I felt bad she had to drink that crappy stuff. Her blood pressure looks good, and Baby Ava's heart rate was good too --145.

Because our normal OB/GYN was behind we saw the Nurse Practitioner. She was a very nice lady but really didn't seem like you needed to rest after a c-section.

I am happy everything looks good. I found out since our c-section is on a Monday we will be released by Wednesday which is good. (i am not a fan of hospitals!) We also learned the surgery will be in the morning, so another plus. Now I can plan where everyone will be. We scheduled our next appointment in 4 weeks (it's the last 4 week appt., now they will be 2 weeks) and we get to schedule our hospital tour which I can't wait. I really have a lot of questions for them.

Our lawyer is getting the ball rolling on the "pre-birth order". We need this because then Luke and my names can go right on the birth certificate. He said we *might* be able to get it through Lake County which would be easier. (please say a prayers that works) I asked on my surrogacy board and several Ohio surrogates/IM's said they had no problems and got the pre-birth order in the IP's county, so it should work. This lawyer came highly recommended from another IM.

I can't believe we are in the home stretch. 12.5 weeks left. That is it. Until we are a family of 5. It's so amazing. I filled out our christmas cards and realized how much has changed since last christmas. I cried last year when I got cards with new babies on them (I felt so sad for myself) and we had wrote in our christmas letter how much we were searching for our surrogate. Ask and you shall receive because a couple weeks later she came into our lives and it's been awesome ever since. This year's christmas card has mention of all our kids and in our christmas letter we get to talk about our new baby girl who is almost here!!!!!!

Baby Ava, I hope you know how much mommy loves you and how much I have wanted you. You are a dream come true and I am so thankful each day, Buffy has helped us bring our miracle to life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So close now! I wanted to share this with you. I know you are going to breastfed. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ-eMbbBRO8&feature=related

Deana said...

Thanks, I start pumping in 6 weeks!!! eek!!!