So today was the day. Buffy (we love you) drove the long drive to come up for an ultra-sound and be with us. We got there a little before 10 and Buffy was there. She went back for her b/w, u/s first and we got the wonderful news her lining was 11mm (we want it between 8-12mm) with a triple stripe. (a triple stripe is the "perfect" in lining as far as how thick and cushy it is). We were thrilled. Then we all got called back and i wondered what the other people in the waiting room though as Luke, Buffy and I all went back together. LOL
The nurse gave us all our instructions and things and we were ready to go to the OR. It was amazing to see how excited all the nurses were about surrogacy. I got in the lovely hospital dress and answered all the questions. I love the section on past surgeries. Mine could fill up a whole sheet! Then it was time. My nurse was really nice. She mentioned her sister couldn't carry anymore after her first pregnancy and was looking for a surrogate. It's amazing how many people you find in similar situation when you are there.
I went into the freezing OR and learned it cold so the Doctor doesn't sweat! and to keep germs down. But brrrrrr...... My anxiety level was pretty high because the last time I was knocked out, was my hysterectomy so nervous. Someone gave me a med to calm me and my last thought was this crap isn't working LOL!
I woke up in my room and Luke and Buffy were there. They told me we got 17 great ones and I was in there just over thirty minutes. I was very sleepy. They kept me for a while to make sure things were good, and sent us home. Did I mention I was so happy Buffy was there? :) I have been resting the rest of the day. I am pretty sore and achy but ok.
Now one of my favorite moment was Buffy bought me a present. She is a sweetie. it's a necklace and it has rings that go on it. They each say something. There is "survivor", "hope" and "success". She also wrote a wonderful card to go with it. I will cherish it always. So tomorrow is the fert. report. I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
SO glad to hear everything went well! Buffy sounds like such a wonderful person, you are so lucky to have found her!
Take it easy! Get some rest! Sounds like you have some busy days ahead!
Post a Comment