Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 27, 2008

day after transfer

Is kind of like the day after christmas. It's like we are/were so excited for the day and now we wait. and wait and wait and wait and wait. Did i mention there is a wait. A very long one at that.

I keep replaying transfer day in my mind. It was an awesome day. In my top 10 ever. It's so emotional and I still can't believe it's real. While Buffy was being prepped, i keep thinking, she is the most wonderful woman I know. I can't believe she is going through all this for ME! She is sacrafising her body, her time, her life, to give me a gift of a baby. I am in awe of how wonderful she is. It renews my faith that there are people in the world who are willing to give fully of themselves. I admire Bill for being supportive each and every step of the way (even the bad ones).

When I saw my embryos on the screen it was a beautiful sight. They are a mixture of Luke's and my's love for each other. Each of our genes making them. It was such a smooth transfer and hanging our with Buffy and Bill after was fun. Even though we haven't known them for that long, if feels like we are life long friends.

The story on our "mini marshmellos". The nurse came in the told Buffy her uterus was like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (yum) and that the embies are like raisins so when you put them in there, they stick. Well if you know me, I hate raisins, so we decided mini marshmellos would be better.

my feelings today, excited, hopeful, scared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wait has got to be tough. I'm so glad everything went well on Thursday for you & hope that your minimarshmallows stick!!! The embies pictures are really incredible. Hard to believe that life starts off that small. Hope you are keeping busy during the wait!