Wow, 6 days (or less) that is it. Baby Ava will be here. I will be a mommy of 3. I can't wait. This is something i have hoped and dreamed about for 3+ years now.
The delivery will just be amazing. The rest of our lives will be amazing.
I have had some more questions lately and thought I would clear up any confusion.
1) Biology
Ava IS our baby biologically. She comes from my egg and Luke's sperm, she has 100% our DNA. Buffy is our carrier and DNA doesn't pass through the uterus. When I had my hysterectomy, it was only a partial. I still have my ovaries and cervix. My ovaries function, to the point I cycle and ovulate each month. I also get what's called a "mini-period" each month. It's bittersweet, but I am glad my ovaries are working. We did do IVF to get Ava. I went on medication to give me lots of eggs and then had them retrieved. The doctor's injected a sperm (from Luke) into each egg. The embryos were then implanted in Buffy's uterus and from there, here we are.
2) Will I end my blog?
NO NO NO
I won't and really I can't. Sharing this journey has brought me so close with so many people and I feel like Baby Ava is all of our baby. I have received tremendous amounts of support from people from all over. I can't thank everyone for that. I want a place where Buffy and everyone can see pictures of her on a daily basis. Share our journey of parenthood after surrogacy. Some people think surrogacy is only until the baby is born, but I don't think that's true. Buffy will be a member of our family forever. She is giving us the greatest gift. I hope everyone has enjoyed the ride so far and there is more to come!!!!!!!!
3)Lactation
Inducing lactation is going great. Nursing has always been important to me, but with this pregnancy so much more so. Nursing is something I can do with Ava, just her and me. It's something I can nurture and nurish her with. It's how we bond. I am looking forward to this.
4)Why are you so open with surrogacy?
There are lots of reasons to this. The first is for me. I used to keep it in and hidden about my surgery. It took so long to be able to even tell people I had a hysterectomy. To say that word without crying or being sad, it's a huge step. Once I started telling people though, it got easier. So the blog is mostly to get my feelings out, to keep my emotions in check. Also to have a diary of sorts about how Ava came to be. It will never be a secret to her so I hope one day she will read all about this amazing journey and how much mommy and daddy loved and wanted her. How with help from our angel Buffy, Ava was born. The second is I would like to help others who struggle. It's such a hard, lonely road. Many don't understand. I have plans to go to nursing school and would love to work at my RE's office. I always had wished there was a book or manual to deal with IF and now surrogacy, so lately I have been thinking I should write one. The third is, I am so, so proud of what we are doing. I am thrilled Buffy is carrying our baby and this has been a life-changing journey.
5) what's next?
Ava is next. She is due in 6 days and I plan on spending my time enjoying every minute with her. Enjoying all my kids and husband. It's a weird thing not to be planning how we are having another baby. I am ready to relax and just be with my family. (but will keep everyone updated on the blog!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I am so so excited for you and your family! I cannot wait to see your sweet Ava! :)
OMG! So close now Deana! I cant wait!!
Post a Comment