Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 9, 2009

In less than 2 hours.......

we leave for the hospital! I am so excited I hardly slept. Maybe an hour total. I was afraid my alarm wouldn't go off! I have had a range of emotions from excitement to nervousness and back again.

We came down to Columbus yesterday and met with Buffy and Bill for dinner. It was really nice and i am sad they don't live closer because they are so awesome. Then we came back to the hotel only to find the pool closed! bummer! So Bill and Luke had a boys night out. I stayed in and watched movies. Luke came back and fell asleep while I just laid there. Finally trying to sleep

This adventure has been one of the best things i have ever done in my life. I still can hear the words my OB said after my hysterectomy "there will be no more babies" and how devestated I was. It was like a knife wound in my very soul. Some people are just born to do things and I was born to be a mother. I always knew from a young age I wanted kids and used to tell my mom I wanted 6! (luckily I changed that when I realized how much work they are) I knew from the moment the doctor said those words, it was almost like a challenge. I also knew I WOULD have another baby. It was just a matter of when, not if. and thus began our journey.

I want to thank a couple people:

My mom - she has just been so supportive. I can't tell you how many times I have cried on her shoulder how unfair this all was between our secondary infertility and subsequent permanent infertility. how many times she told I would find the right surrogates when I began to think I would never find her. My mom was also the one who told me to date Luke! she pointed out his wonderful qualities way back when. thank mom, I love you!

Luke's parents - they too have been very supportive during this surrogacy journey. They really jumped right in and were there for us. Between babysitting the kids, giving emotional support, and simply listening when we talked. Thanks mom and dad, we love you.

Luke - We have been in this together since we were 15/16 and I love him more each day. He has been there doing whatever was asked of him and I know just how much he loves me. We both never knew just how hard it would be to create our family but there is no one I would rather be with than him. I love you, Luke.

Buffy & Bill - Buffy is the most giving, self-less person I have ever met. Her excitment, her glow, she is everything I wanted and more importantly needed during this. I never felt anything but this was our pregnancy and we were in it together. She has been a wonderful friend and amazing surrogate to our baby. And Bill, you are an awesome guy to support Buffy through this and I still think the world would be a better place with more Bill's in it. I love you guys!

A dream is a wish your heart makes...............and my advice is to follow your dreams. Reach for the impossible and make it happen. I did :)

I also want to thank everyone who has supported us, all my PPH ladies, my IDOB ladies, my BBC ladies, Intended Parents ladies, all our friends and families, we are truly touched that so many have reached out to share in this with us. I am truly humbled and it brings tears to my eyes that so many people care about us. Thank you!!!!

1 comment:

MNjen said...

I'm sure she's here by now, so CONGRATS MAMA! I cant wait for your next update! :)