Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 7, 2009

50 hours............

It's the final countdown (are you singing the song?) LOL

Where did the time go? really? this has been a very quick pregnancy. In my final days I have been cleaning like a mad woman and getting everything ready. My bag and Ava's bag are packed. I have Mike and Bella's schedules ready. My maternity leave started yesterday and Luke's paternity leave starts monday. Everything I did this week, I thought next week I will have the baby with me. OMG!!!!! it's so hard to believe she will be here.

I keep asking myself how did I get here? The journey for Luke and I to have children has not be easy, it's been an emotional rollercoaster with amazing highs and devestating lows. If you had told me when I was 20, that I would end up having a child naturally, a child by IVF and a child via surrogacy/IVF, I would not have believed you. Even my RE says it's very unusual! I never thought I would spend my 20's battling infertility and losing my fertility. Me, the girl who wanted lots of children.
And now that my 30's are here, I am blessed to be raising 3 beautiful children.

We are down to the wire, and I admit, I am a little nervous. I worry about Buffy and hope the c-section is easy for her (as easy as it can be) I hate to think of her in pain. I am excited though, when I talked about it this week, it really hit me I AM HAVING A BABY ON MONDAY!!!!!!!! I am! I am! I am! I am gleefully giddy!

I watched Mike and Bella play today outside and they are just so good to each other and it warms my heart. Ava has great older siblings and I am just so happy I get to be their mom.

Eek now it's only 49 hours! yikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deana and Luke,
I am one of the PPH/hyst group members and have been following your surrogacy journey. I will be thinking about all of you guys as you welcome Ava to the family. Aimee

Anonymous said...

Best of luck tomorrow to you and Buffy! Less than a day till you're holding your sweet Ava in your arms! Congratulations!