Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 3, 2008

T minus 13 days.............

Until our first RE appointment. I am so excited. And so the journey begins with one small step. Lately I have been a jumble of emotions. Most are normal - excited, nervous, scared, and others feel just so, I am not sure. I think if you never experienced losing your fertility at a young age you just wouldn't get it. I still pinch myself thinking how wonderful Buffy is for doing this for us. She has left an impression on me, about how giving people can be. I truly believe we were meant to find each other. With this up coming cycle and pregnancy, I am feeling at peace with my hysterectomy and feeling whole again. It's difficult to explain. I see babies everywhere I go and think in just a year, that will be me! By next Easter I will have a new little one.(or two!) I am excited to see Bella become a big sister and for Mike to be a big brother to another. A lot of people think I should stop at two. I guess because I have both a boy and girl, I *shouldn't* want another, but I do. I always have. People have asked whether I want a boy or girl and really I just want a healthy baby. Boy or girl either will do! I am excited to see our family change, the different dynamics of a third baby. Luke is a fabulous father and I really enjoy watching him with our children. It just makes me fall in love with him all over again. It's rare these days to see a guy really devoted to their children and all the interaction Luke has with them. I love that he is a excellent role model for Mike, in that he has a great job, takes care of his family, he coaches Mike's sports, and is a great friend. For Bella, he loves her unconditionally and is showing her how a guy should treat her and that she is worth so much. She can do anything. Together I feel we give them a good idea on how a partnership/marriage should be. Not to say we are perfect, but together Luke and I can weather any storm. In our 7 short years of marriage, we have been through some doozies and still come out together hand in hand.

So our appointment is April 16, with transfer close after. Bring on the shots!

Also newsweek had a story on surrogacy this week. http://www.newsweek.com/id/129594/page/1

No comments: