Yesterday both Buffy and I had testing done. I needed a cycle day 3 FSH test which measures how good your ovaries/eggs are. Mine are fine, but this was a requirement for my insurance company. Buffy had a saline ultrasound which went great. The u/s tech told her "her uterus is the perfect place to hold a baby!"
So we are off. We both start Lupron in a little less than 2 weeks. So around mother's day!
I thought I would clear up some confusions on my hysterectomy. It was a partial which means they only removed my uterus, I still have my cervix and ovaries. They went through both vaginally and abdominally to remove it. I have my c-section scar, but I also have another scar intertwined with it for my hysterectomy. It was such an emergency and they didn't want to cut the same place. It's like my battle wound. I am proud to have birthed my children but sad when I see it too since it's how I lost my fertility. Also, and I never knew this or though about this (but what 20something thinks about hysterectomies) you still can have a period! Since my hyst. was an emergency and my uterus was so enlarged, it is/was hard to tell what was cervix and what was uterus. So I still have a part of my uterus. It does build a lining each month and sheds. I have what I call my "spot", it's a day of super light spotting and that is how I can track my cycle. It didn't start until Bella was almost 2 and wasn't nursing as much. Do I mind? Well yes and no. I like knowing I still ovulate so I am not thrown into menopause, but it does remind me that I can't get pregnant. Will it bother me once my family is complete, maybe a little, but probably not all that much. Another plus is I really don't get pms, moody-ness, things like that which I am sure Luke likes.
I saw a friends surrogacy pictures on her blog and cried my eyes out. It was so beautiful. Just seeing how happy the parents were and the surromom and her husband. The baby was so cute and I truly saw an angel in those pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment