Two days until my 'first' consult appt. I am beyond stoked. We meet with one of Dr Goldfarb's associates first and then the therapist. Hopefully we are not crazy this time! Friday is Buffy and her husband Bill's appointment. I am excited for that too. We will also be getting our calendar of events and our IVF timeline. I just feel ready. Mike told me the other day that he has been waiting for a baby since we had Bella. It made my heart feel a little sad since I wanted a baby sooner, but good things take a while and I didn't find Buffy until now. I explained the process of surrogacy to him, basically Buffy will be carrying our baby because my tummy is broken. (he was 4 when I started hemmoraging and he still remembers it. There was so much blood and stuff. I do wonder sometimes if it tramatized him) He also knows about the sperm and egg, and that this baby is coming from mommy and daddy. Buffy is just carrying it for us. The only thing he doesn't quite grasp is how the baby gets IN! LOL. Both he and Bella were c-section babies so he knows they come out of the stomach, but getting in, hmmmmmmmmmm. I just told him the doctor puts the baby in.
The one thing that makes me angry though is people who haven't a clue about surrogacy, spouting off like they do! Huh? Last time I checked I spent the better part of two years researching it, studing it, talking to both surrogate and intended parents, talking to agency directors, lawyers, and Dr Goldfarb and Dr Ahuja. I don't get how people who have had no contact of surrogacy or even google searched it feel compelled to tell me their thoughts. Unless you have something positive to say, don't speak to me. Any little negative comment they have is simply a non-issue.
I have been seeing more surrogacy in the media lately and tv. There is a new surrogacy movie out. Discovery Health has had more shows about it. I keep seeing the pregnancy test commercials. I see twins everywhere I look. Is that a sign???? Mike wants twins. He said a boy and girl. We shall see what god gives us. He was right with Bella though. Really gender is not an issue. We just want a healthy baby or two! LOL I am ready, bring on the shots, blood tests and u/s daily!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment