Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

First Consult

So today was Luke and mine's first cosultation. It went well. however, when we got to the clinic, I was walking down the hall to the fertility center and my eyes started teary-ing up. I got a lump in my throat. I was so hard. All the pain of going through infertility the first time hit me. Also there were several couples in the waiting room and my heart went out to them. At least this time I was coming there happy with a plan in place, but they are seems nervous and scared. how I was when i first started coming. I still don't get why wonderful couples can't have babies easily yet horrible people can? Why is that fair? Why do women who don't care about their kids or use them as a free ride on the government get to have so many while many loving, deserving couples need to spend thousands of dollars to even try to get one.
Anyway this time was different for me because I was so excited. We saw the doctor first. She was an associate of Dr. Goldfarb. She was awesome. Super supportive. Basically my cycle will be the same as when I conceived Bella. (well except for the transfer part) I will take the same medications and things. I will be monitored every other day until retrival. Last time I made 27 eggs. I should be able to get that again even though I am 3 years older! Then depending on how many embryos we make, we will have a 3 or 5 day transfers. I had a 3 day with Bella since I didn't have enough embryos.
Then from there we met with the nurse to instruct on all our meds. We knew her from before. It's weird, all the same people work there and they all remember us! i know that sex is way more intimate to have a baby but when you have IF all these people become extended family so to speak, and all support you so much. The nurse was great and very funny. From there we had bloodwork done. Then I had an u/s of my ovaries. I hadn't seen them since before my hysterectomy so I was a little nervous. Sometimes in an emergency situation such as mine, the ovaries can become damaged. However mine were great and you could see that I just ovulated which was even better! Then we went back to the nurse, then I had to have a weird physical, this is Federally mandated because we are putting our genetic baby in someone else. Then Luke was informed he had to make a '"donation" LOL. I didn't know it would be so soon, but they like to have a frozen sample just in case. Luckily there is this room with a bed and dirty magazines. ick. Then I had to go to the therapist. We had seen her before. She was also very supportive. She told us how many woman she sees that have had hemmoraging happen to them. It's alot more common than people think. She thought we were great and was excited we were doing this. My favorite part was when Luke came in the room, from giving his "donation", he shook her hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I almost fell off the chair. Now whenever someone asks Luke a question about how he feels, the response is always "good", but today he switched it up a notch and said "I am very excited!" I was like, is this MY husband.
Finally we got to go home. We are both relieved to just beginning. Finding Buffy was a dream come true. She just is the "one". Having a third baby is going to complete the family. We both can't wait.
I was a little bummed because due to a stupid insurance clause we can't start cycling until next cycle (although I am thankful for insurance at all). So a May/June cycle! A valentine's baby. or two!

No comments: