I have been sooooooooooooooo busy and things have just been crazy.
A week and a half ago, we had ice rain and I was driving to my mom and slid on ice and crashed our minivan! I was fine, but the van, not so much. I had to get a rental and a couple days later the insurance company told me they were totalling it. sigh.........I already feel overwhelmed and didn't need the added stress of car buying in the middle of winter. So............ I spent the weekend researching minivans and created an awesome spreadsheet of what I wanted. Then spent a very cold monday with my uncle who nicely agreed to help me find one. We finally found the perfect one at the last stop. Then it was a waiting game of the credit union and just very stressful. In the end we are now the proud owners of a Kia Sedona '04. I love it so much. It will be wonderful with 3 kids. I have quad seating now that I really wanted, plus the kids got a dvd player so they are happy. I also had to replace Bella's carseat. It's just a crazy amount of phone calls and stuff. I am glad that is all behind us.
Next on my list was my breast pump. I start pumping on Sunday. Every 3 hours for 30 minutes. Our insurance company denied the pump which I figured but still bummed me out, so I had to call our Flex-spending account to make sure they will reimburse us, I decided to buy one. My decision is between the Medela PISA and the Medela Freestyle. I am leaning toward the Freestyle only because you don't have to be sitting to pump. You can actually move around and do things. It's a very small pump and you can take it anywhere which I like. I am not a good pumper and these both look like they will do the trick. I am freezing the milk so that hopefully Ava will let Luke give her a bottle sometimes, I also use it to make her rice cereal when she is old enough.
I have done things around the house to get ready as well. Packed the diaper bag, recleaned the girls room, and am working on my never diminishing pile of laundry! I wish i had some nesting though. I could use that.
I did find out Luke gets a week of paternity leave. I am happy about that but do wonder if it will be more like having 4 children LOL. I think the best thing Luke will be good at is sleeping with Ava on his chest!
The one thing I hadn't anticipated was how nervous/scared I would start to get about the delivery. My last delivery didn't go so well and ended with my hysterectomy so i am feeling really nervous. I don't think that feeling will go away until Ava is safely here and Buffy is feeling good. I am hoping I won't be a basket case at the hospital. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
you may be better off renting a oump from the hospital. For pumping that much, they are really good. I has to pump for 6 weeks when my daughter was born due to her illness, and I burned out the motors on 2 pumps before renting the hospital one. It is pretty inexpensive, compared with buying more than one pump. Good Luck.
Sorry, A Pump, not oump, clearly
Post a Comment