Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A busy Wednesday!

Wow what a busy day.

Luke and I left at 6am for our OB appt. It was snowy and icky driving. I had a mishap with a cup of coffee so we made an imprompt trip to Walmart for a new sweater. We finally get to the doctor.

Buffy looked amazingly beautiful. and we were matching in hot pink sweaters.

We got into the exam room. Buffy's blood pressure was good, and then we got an ultrasound. First we saw Baby Ava's head, so cute. Then we looked at all her organs. Everything looked great. Then I asked our OB just to double check Baby Ava was a GIRL! LOL He doubled checked and she's a GIRL! She was moving like crazy and this time Luke and I both got to feel her. After that we scheduled our next appt. I can't believe it's happening so soon.

Then we met up with Bill and headed to lunch. It's so fun to just hang out with Buffy and Bill, they are so awesome. Then we headed to the hospital for a tour. The lady was very nice although she didn't know alot about surrogacy arraingements. She did know the layout and thing like that. We went by the nursery and I started to cry when I saw all the new babies. I can't wait for our new baby. Then we met with the social worker who was very nice. They do lots of surrogacy, so that is good. She answered all my questions and had a lot of good information. I think the hospital stay will go very smoothly. And if everything goes well Baby Ava could come home on Tuesday! hooray. Buffy and I already made plans to meet in her room Monday night to watch the Bachlor. LOL

After that we headed home. It was a long drive as we hit more snow and rush hour. But it was totally worth it.

Only a couple of weeks left. I am so excited. soon our princess will be here. I can't wait.

3 comments:

MNjen said...

I cant believe you're almost at the end Deana! I've been following along with you guys this whole time and it seems like it has just FLOWN by. Then again, it has flown by for me & my IPs as well. lol

TABI said...

Wow, congratulations! So exciting that all is going well and your new arrival will be here soon!! I am glad everything with the hospital also seems in order, I imagine that will help a lot!!

Buffy said...

I can't believe how quickly this whole things is going too! Princess Ava will be arriving 2 months from today!! UNREAL! I'm going to guess a birth weight of 7lb 8oz. :) Good to see you both on Wed. sorry it was such a LONG day of driving (and coffee spillage!) but it was really great to spend the day with you! -Buffy