So in the mist of our delay, I thought I would write about my kiddos.
I am simply in awe of how wonderful they are and I never thought motherhood could be this good. Since I have struggled with IF since Mike was 2 months old, I have heard this comment many times "just be grateful, for the one you've got" It's interesting too, because every person who has ever said this to me has several children and has zero problems getting or staying pregnant. They have never dealt with a loss or IF. It's interesting that "they" think I am not grateful for my children just because I want another. I don't think the two are related. I always want to ask them, were they grateful? how come they had #2 if they were so grateful for #1? Was #1 not good enough so they needed a second child? no one ever really questions fertile people's choices. It's not that I am ungrateful I want another baby, it's that I am SOOOOOO grateful. My children make me want more babies. They are truly wonderful people to be around. I would love to mother 10 kids if they all were like the two I have. If they were brats, I wouldn't want anymore! Both my kids have a zest for living and are fun and joyful. They are smart, and excited and so much fun to be around. I look at Luke and I as parents and think we are doing a great job with these two, so why not another? Why not add another miracle, more joy and happiness to our family? Why let my hysterectomy stop me? It did take my uterus, but I won't let it control my life! I am overcome with how fiercely proud of my children I am. They are truly remarkable. I can't wait to add another. Next time someone tells me to be grateful, I will tell them they must not be looking hard enough. I am so grateful for God's blessings, I am adding another one. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment