Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's been a while!

Sorry I have been busy adoring my new baby girl. She is absolutly the light of our lives (along with Bella and Mike).

Let see, Ava is now nearly 6 weeks old. She weighs 9lbs 10oz. (this is all on breastmilk alone! no supplimenting) She is such a good, happy baby. She has kept all of her dark hair, none has fallen out yet. and her eyes are still very, very blue.

I am not able to type too often because I am holding her. I don't believe you can spoil a baby by holding them too much so I hold her all the time. :) I even got a baby sling so I can "wear" her throughout the day.

She is so amazing and alert. She follows me with her eyes and recognizes my voice. She has also rolled over 4 times now :0 She can lift her head pretty well and likes tummy time.

I still can't believe this has all really happened and she's here. I am so in love with her. I love watching her with Mike and Bella. They both really love her and fight about who gets to play with her next.

I am honored to be her mommy and I love her so much.

2 comments:

Skhan said...

Hi Deana,

Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter- she is gorgeous! We are in the beginning stages of looking for a surrogate and the journey that will hopefully lead us to a baby (or two). I recently found your blog and you wrote many entries that that either I could relate to or that I learned a lot of new information! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Stacey

Cyn said...

I'm thrilled to read that inducing lactation worked out so well for you-no supplementing needed-WOW!! What a success story you are!