Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 21, 2008

The beginning

So this is the first post and here is the background.

Luke and I met in high school (go marching band) and got married January 20, 2001. (we had been dating for 6 years at that time). We had our first baby Michael on May 22, 2001 via c-section. I failed to progress. When he was 2 month old, we knew we wanted another baby. We tried for over a year with little luck. We then spent many months of fertility testing. All test came back good, nothing was wrong with us. In November 2003, we were diagnosed with "unexplained secondary IF". I was 24. We were refered to a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) at the cleveland clinic. Dr Goldfarb and staff are amazing. We did several rounds of clomid (unsuccessful), 3 rounds of injectable meds/IUI (unsuccessful) and 2 rounds of IVF. We conceived our second child on that last round. We found out we were pregnant December 22, 2004. It was the best christmas present ever. Isabella Rose was born August 19, 2005 via c-section. Her delivery has some complications as I had lost a lot of blood and my uterus didn't want to contract. Luckily she was perfect and unaffected by this. Ten days after her birth, I started hemmoraging, and needed an emergency partial hystectomy (i have my ovaries and cervix). I was 26. Needless to say, it was and is the most devastating experience of my life. Luke and I knew right away our family building wasn't done. We knew we would be pursuing surrogacy, and now the journey begins.............................

No comments: